Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Life...My Story.... yesterday, today, and tomorrow

I was just saying & thinking that I really need to keep on top of my blog... I love reading Bogs but for some reason can't keep mine updated.... I figured I would start off fresh and new with a little introduction to Who is Kelly Ross... For those of you that don't know me.....

So I am happily married to husband Shane..... it will be 5 years this October that we were married .... he drives me crazy at times... I won't pretend we have the perfect relationship but at the same time it is perfect for us... at the end of the day he is my rock, my inspiration and my world....   he is always there for me loving and supporting what I do and I think what we have is as close to perfect as I want to find because he loves me flaws and all...

I have 5 kids... YES I said 5 kids.... it's a yours, mine and ours situation... I have two beautiful daughters Emilie (16) and Paige (14) , Shane has Seamus (7) and together we have Kellen (4) and Declan (2)... People ask me daily- WOW how do you do it all??? and I often reply... I have NO idea....

Before Shane and I were together I think I have worked every job I could have possibly worked... you name it and it's probably on my resume... not proud of that but I just never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.... Photography was always a love and passion of mine and I was always the one with the camera... funny how now that it is my job you hardly see one in my hands unless I am working - that kind of makes me sad..... the older two girls have every min of their lives recorded either through photo or video... and I just don't do it nearly enough for the littles.... need to add that my "to work on" list

I always had friends telling me Wow your pictures are so nice will you take my kids pictures.... So I did this for a couple years here and there.... I think it was February of 2008 that a old friend from HS asked me if I would come take pictures of her daughters and she wanted to pay me.... My first official paying job.... I then decided to make a real go at starting my business and getting my name out there....  Shane was so supportive of trying to help me along - encouraging me to take some classes I wanted to take and to get new things to help me on my way... Steps to making my goal of maybe some day turning professional... but not ever sure that would happen......

So within a few months I was shooting tons and tons of friends kids... then there were people I didn't know calling me...

Fast forward through a few camera and lens upgrades.... I was actually calling myself a Photographer finally... took me a long time to get there but worth every min... Shane found me a small studio space to rent winter of 2010.... I was overwhelmed at the 12x12 room and can I make this work? But after a month I was thrilled to not be packing up and lugging all my stuff to peoples houses.... and Just over a year later I was looking for a bigger space because I had so outgrown that one.....

March of this year I found a space that had the potential to be the studio space of my dreams and with the help of my handy husband and a couple awesome painters it is now the studio of my dreams!!!! OF course I feel like I could have a bigger space already but I have put so much time, money and energy making this one amazing I think I'll stick around for awhile longer...

So thanks to so many wonderful clients who have followed me for the last 4 years and kept my business moving forward with their amazing referrals and to all the new clients that keep coming on....... without all of you I wouldn't be here today...

My goals for the new year.... I am starting a venture with another local photographer and 2 other photographers within the US to run some Photography "Retreats" we have BIG plans in the works for these so keep an eye out in the coming months!!! I am also starting up a mentoring workshop this year as well.... these are both going to be a HUGE success thanks to my good friend and fellow photographer Jammie who has visions and goals even bigger than mine!!!!

And to keep this Blog up!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Kelly Ross Photography

CoffeeShop Designs